I think the number is now up to 36, the number of Senators and Congressmen that have announced retirement.  This one was kind of abrupt for obvious reasons.  I imagedo talk a lot about the areas of responsibility in Congress for needing to keep up and participate at some level with technology and as mentioned in the title here if we could only see a small portion of this, it would certainly be encouraging.  In the link below I kind of talk about what I call “non participation” as those who do participate today find themselves pretty doggone busy and maybe busy enough not to find time to get into trouble? 

“Is This All There is” One Senator Announced His Retirement at Age 54 – A Culture of Nonparticipation (Opinion)

According to what I read here though, he has not lost or quickly found his religion.  Stress seems to do that.  At times like this you can almost bet there’s no love for transparency here today.  We live in an era of cameras and sensors everywhere so if someone is out to find or catch someone, chances are pretty good they will as all the tools are there for using.  BD 

Rep. Mark Souder (R-Ind.) is resigning from Congress after telling colleagues he had an affair with a female aide.

"I sinned against God, my wife and my family by having a mutual relationship with a part-time member of my staff," Souder said in a statement Tuesday. "I am so shamed to have hurt those I love."

Souder said resigning was "the best decision for my family, the people of northeast Indiana and our country."

Rep. Mark Souder on affair with aide: 'I have sinned' - John Bresnahan and Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative